Spirituality - To Be Or Not To Be

Follow me @Nolimit2life

If you're from Africa(at least my side of town) you probably may have heard all kinds of stories about people turning to birds, cats etc. There was a time I thought those stories were a bit exaggerated and just lacked substance. But as I grew older, I realised hmmm maybe just maybe there's a possibility the spiritual side of things does exist and as I grew to know God, I realised we are spirit beings, with souls living in a body; you can't separate the three whilst you have breath. It is almost like the egg, you have the yolk, the albumen and the shell and together they make up the egg.
I believe the spiritual affects the physical and things happen first in the spiritual before they even begin to take place in the physical and we've been given authority to speak God's word into existence but the truth is we hardly make use of this golden opportunity not because we don't want to, but because life happens to the best of us. I can't count the number of times I've wanted to pray and my brain just wants to snooze, so I give in to the "voice of reason" that says I am tired and I need another 15mins that suddenly turns to 45mins with no time to really pray(shame on me).
It is important to nurture all three parts of you. Whilst some find the right balance, some starve one for the other two or 2 for one or all at the same time. I'm hoping I find the right balance for me by being able to connect to God through prayers, meditation and reading God's words, nourish my soul by stimulating my intellect with great books etc and eating right and exercising regularly( okay let's drop the right out of "eating right"... let's just leave it at eating!!!)lol.
Anyways let me know what you think about your spirituality and how you find the balance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're not a tree... make that move!

Thankful Saturday V6

Re: In The Name of All Things Men.