A Girl Has Gotta Do What A Girl Has Gotta Do...



I always say we learn everyday...and I mean that literarilly and practically...by so doing, we grow...growth can either be vertically,horizontally or both...but I don't know where to place this...you figure out yourself.
I discovered something about myself...I realised that I tend to get affirmation from people I love,trust and respect before making a decision (usually major) and this in itself is not a bad thing afterall the good book says "In the multitude of counsel, there is safety".
But it becomes a problem when it takes precedence over affirmation from God!(I can explain)
For instance if I'm about to make a decision,I tend to call up and talk to people I trust and respect who will give me good advice on how to go about it and I also get their opinion on whether it is a good or bad decision and based on this...I make my decision...it makes sense BUT and a big one at that...It should be in a totally different order...ask God...Let Him through the HS lead you to whom you ought to ask for advice etc...
We just need to learn to trust God and like Nike says "JUST DO IT"...but pray first!
I'm not saying "be stupid"

But God's ways is not our ways and we really can't box Him...He is way bigger than all that...
And if you've prayed and you have the peace of God in your heart concerning a decision no matter how big...then you need to trust that you have the mind of Christ and just do what you have to do...(yes I'm talking to me too)
And no it isn't true all the time that the voice of the people is the voice of God...no way...


Yeah so I've decided to seek His face, make up my mind,make a decision and stand by it and implicitly trust that He's got my back regardless.

Okay this song comes to mind...'cos that's what I'm doing...HOLDING ON big time!!!...I'm pretty sure I've put it on here before....but then enjoy...


Comments

Isabella said…
Hmmmmm , true!!
Anonymous said…
Intuition and grace to understand each different scenario....
Olufunke said…
very, very true true
The voice of men is not necessarily the voice of God.
Good Naija Girl said…
Boy...are you ever right! I'm one of those people who seeks the counsel of my nearest and dearest first. If I ever consider bringing something to God it's because one of these smart people made the suggestion to me! I have much to learn.

As usual, thank you for your timely words from God...the topics you're led to share here are no accident.
aloted said…
chei...u don talk true..i do same as well! i need to repent.. I shld seek God's affirmation first.

Lord have mercy. Thanks for the reminder
Spesh said…
well written ;)

Popular posts from this blog

You're not a tree... make that move!

Thankful Saturday V6

Re: In The Name of All Things Men.